Kazu Makino of Blonde Redhead has announced the release of Works In Progress, a 15-song benefit album to support Japan and it’s ongoing efforts to heal post-tsunami. Born in Kyoto, Japan, Kazu’s love for her home country is strong. She wanted to help her homeland and turned to her friends and colleagues to ask that they donate tracks for the album. The response was unbelievable, and Kazu has collected an amazingly cohesive group of songs. Kazu said “It is so ironic that an event so devastating can allow me to do something that is so inspiring”
Proceeds from the album will initially go to Japan Society and Architecture For Humanity, and more will be added. It’s important to Kazu to add additional charities as the situation keeps developing and worsening, and people’s needs keep changing. Her hope is that they can work with agencies that also help changing the way we live and think and help us become less reliant on nuclear power.
Further details of the charity and compilation available here.
1. Four Tet - 'Moma'
2. Terry Riley - 'G Song'
3. Nosaj Thing - 'Nightcrawler'
4. John Roberts - 'Berceuse'
5. Blonde Redhead - 'Penny Sparkle'
6. Pantha Du Prince - 'Bird On A Wire'
7. Broadcast - 'In Here The World Begins'
8. Liars/Blonde Redhead - 'Drip'
9. Deerhunter - 'Curve'
10. Stalactite - 'Stalagmite'
11. John Mause - 'Castles In The Grave'
12. David Sylvain/Ryuichi Sakamoto - 'Bamboo House'
13. Interpol - 'Song Seven'